Clay Vegetables I made with my group at Gordon Head Rec.

This week I tried something a little different for my inquiry, and stepped up the challenge a bit for myself with a project that required more precise shapes and patience. I work at Gordon Head Recreation Centre, and lead a crafters and bakers group every Tuesday night.

Me and some of the members all contributed 1 or 2 vegetables to the pile and ended up with a cute group of delicious vegetables! Unfortunately not edible…

The clay I worked with for this project was not the same as the polymer clay I have been using in all my previous projects, but was more a plasticine like consistency. Prior to thsi project I could not tell you the difference between polymer clay and plasticine. I resorted to a page on the internet to figure out the difference. I will attach the link here: https://thebluebottletree.com/help-my-polymer-clay-melted/#:~:text=Both%20polymer%20clay%20and%20plasticine,other%20multi%2Dstage%20casting%20techniques.

The main difference is that polymer clay can harden through baking to create lasting projects while plasticine can only be used for a short amount of time, and it often used by claymation animators!

In this project I made the carrot and the tomatoes while the youth I work with made the rest! it was a fun collaborative project, and the result was pretty cute!